Scabies is a parasitic disease caused by a mite, known as “Sarcoptes Scabiei”. Sarcoptes Scabiei can survive up to one month or more on our skin and another animal. Scabies commonly appear on our waist, buttocks, shoulder, under the breasts, knees, between fingers, soles of the feet and mostly in genitals area. After infected by scabies, itching, rashes, redness, intense pain and many other symptoms are found. Sometimes swelling and blisters can be seen also. In below we tell you some simple home remedies for scabies.
Scabies is a very uneasy, create skin irritations. It is commonly seen in children, and young adults, too. Scabies can spread quickly when people in crowded conditions and those who have close contact with each other. Such as in child home centers and nursing homes. The mites can also easily spared by sharing personal items and sexual contact with an infected person.
All over the world, doctor prescript medicines to cure scabies. However, you can also start treatment at home, You can try some simple natural home remedies for scabies by using natural ingredients. In the article, I will tell you some home remedies for scabies.
Home Remedies for Scabies:
There are so many natural ingredients are available in your home, but you do not know about their benefits. Don’t worry, here I will share you some home remedies for scabies. They are-
Benefits of Neem Leaves:
Neem leaves are used to cure scabies, as they have antifungal and antibacterial properties. It helps to reduce many skin diseases like skin itching, redness, rashes and so many. Using of neem leaves, it clear the bacteria i.e mites within a few days.
- Take some fresh neem leaves, and make a paste by crushing them.
- Wash the affected area with some lukewarm water. You can use anti-septic liquid with the water.
- Clean the affected area with a cotton pad. Then apply the neem paste and let it dry.
- After dry, wash it off with cold water.
- Boil some neem leaves in a cup of water. Drink 1-2 tablespoon of the liquid 3-4 times a day.
- Continue this for 10-15 days to confirm that the mites and scabies are completely gone.
Also Read: Benefits of Neem oil for Skin
Turmeric past for Scabies:
Turmeric is used to cure many skin diseases from ages. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, that can easily relieve all symptoms of scabies. It is natural home remedies for scabies.
- Take some turmeric powder, few drops of fresh lemon juice and water, make them into a paste.
- Turmeric and neem powder also be used.
- After clean the affected area, apply the paste and take it for about 45-60 munites.
- Then wash it with some lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste daily until you notice improvement of scabies significant.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil very effective on scabies. It contains many essential compounds, like terpinen-4-ol. It helps to destroy the parasite which is causes of scabies. Tea tree oil also has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiparasitic, disinfectant, antifungal properties, this reason it uses as home remedies for scabies. It has super healing quality, that helps to treat scabies.
- Take one tablespoon of tea tree oil and olive oil, mixed them well.
- Apply the solution with a cotton pad to on the affected area.
- It will help you to reduce swelling and pain during the healing process.
- Use this 2-3 times daily and continue it 15-20 days for a great result.
Note: Tea tree oil can make irritation on sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, then first test it on a small area of your body. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid using tea tree oil.
Neem Oil for Scabies:
Neem oil is a natural pesticide, it used to cure many types of skin problems including scabies. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to clear the bacteria and fungus, which are trapped in our skin. The smell of neem oil prevents the mite from reproducing. Neem oil also most popular home remedies for scabies.
- Apply the neem oil directly on the affected area.
- Massage slowly until the oil soaks by the skin.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Do this 1-2 times daily for 2-3 weeks, it will prevent scabies from spreading.
- You will use neem oil with turmeric powder. You can make an antiseptic cream by mixing them an equal amount. It will help you to soothe itching. Apply it 2-3 times a day.
Benefits of White Vinegar:
Vinegar changes the pH level of the skin, because of its acidic nature. Scientists found that any change of pH level on skin, it causes mites to die.
- Mix white vinegar and water equal amounts in a bowl.
- Apply the solution with a cotton pad on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off with some lukewarm water.
- You can apply it 3-4 times daily for 2-3 weeks to cure the infection completely.
Aloe Vera for Scabies:
Aloe vera has hygienic properties and much more medicinal properties. It can help to increase the healing process of scabies. It commonly uses as natural home remedies for scabies.
- Take fresh aloe vera or aloe vera gel, and apply it to the affected area.
- Take it on for 30-45 munites and then wash it off with some lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times daily for a few weeks until you notice the improvement.
Benefits of Bleach:
Bleach is another effective home remedies for scabies. Bleach helps to kill the mites and cure the scabies
- Take one part of bleach and four parts of water, mixed them well.
- Apply the solution on the affected area directly.
- Apply it 2-3 times daily, repeat the process for 3-5 days.
Zinc on Scabies:
Zinc is not a medicine, it will not work directly on scabies. But it will greatly help prevent fungal spreads and fight off other skin infections.
- Take 2 or 3 zinc tablets, grind them into a fine powder. Add some water to the powder and mixed them well to make a paste. You can also add a little bit of turmeric powder to make the paste more effective.
- Apply the paste directly to the affected area.
- Leave it on for at least 30-40 munites or until it dry naturally. Wash it off with some lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 1-2 times daily until scabies gone.
Along with these home remedies for scabies, it is most important to avoid contact with an infected person and his/her personal uses items. Keep the infected area clean to prevent scabies from spreading. I hope this article will help you to cure and prevents from scabies. If you have any quires then you will discuss with us below the comment box. Thank you for reading the article till the end.